Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Lord Of The Rings



      The Lord Of The Rings is a successful fantastical trilogy that, in my opinion, is the pinnacle of occult films.  The number of followers and franchises this series has created is astronomical.  Ranging from board games, video games, puzzles, cos-play, role-play, and conventions.  I like The Lord Of The Rings because it incorporates so many different aspects of supernatural and fantasy culture into one film , such as wizards, goblins, elves, dragons, orcs, etc. 
      The film follows the adventure of a "Hobbit" or half-ling, a small child looking race, as he tries to make his way into the deepest and darkest part of enemy territory to destroy the ring of power.  The theme emphasizes the bond between friends and the uniting of feuding races, joining together to combat a common enemy for the good of all kind.  Unless, of course, you are the "bad guys", then it won't work out too well.  
       Following the endeavors of each individual characters, the audience begins to feel for them, wanting them to achieve their goals and hurts when something bad happens to one of them.  Because of this, I believe this trilogy has become more then movies but an experience for which the audience may enter a new world filled with excitement and bemusement by all the incredible creations that fill this world.  
        If you are a fantasy and supernatural fanatic I suggest you watch these movies and wait in anticipation for the three prequel movies to come out,  If you haven't already.  

-Jason London

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Lord of the Rings first came out there were many people that were really excited about it. I first saw the lord of the rings when I was pretty young and there are elements in it that always reminded me of Harry Potter for some reason (maybe its the hobbits I am not sure). Anyhow, when watching it at a young age I was very afraid of Lord of the Rings and thought it was very weird. However, I saw the film again when I got older and realized it was actually a really good movie and had an interesting plot. It is a very interesting movie and had a wonderful plot. This movie seemed to take me to another world (which is sometimes nice for a change).

    -FairyTaleMovieQueen

    ReplyDelete