Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tariq Soliman


      Hello, my name is Tariq Soliman. I am currently a student of California State University Northridge majoring in computer science. I have be fascinated by the unreal and imaginary for a good portion of my life.  I believe what the imagination conjures up is not just a mental vision but something that has substance and breaks through the barrier of reality. I thoroughly enjoy when my brain is stimulated to disregard proven fact and accept something that would otherwise be absurd, whether it be from television, movies, art, stories or games.
      I write to you as someone with a gift. A unique gift that every single person has innately lodged in their being. One that is taken for granted. The ability to concoct memories and subconscious into beautifully creative works. I am a fan of all works that promote the mind whether it be a television series such as Heroes that borders on magic and genetics to Stephen Shaheen's headlight in which little men with light bulbs for heads struggle to plug themselves in. Among these also fit David Johnson's firework photographs, M.C. Escher's many famous masterpieces that justify illusion such as Waterfall and video games such as Myst and Portal that reshape this world and alter physics.
      I plan, in this blog, to contribute insight into my interpretation of fantasy, shed light on the definition of supernatural and question what it means to live in a world that plans on pushing the limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment